Post-Ukrainian Trip- Expect the Unexpected
Back in London after three days in Ukraine. Three days that we'll not soon forget, that's for sure. It was very very productive, but not in the way that we expected, intended or necessarily desired.
Sorry that this is going to be the abbreviated version of it (I've got some work and coursework to catch up on).
Bottom line 1: We will not be hosting both girls nor will we be adopting both girls due to something I don't feel at liberty to put here.
Bottom line 2: The first girl may choose to be hosted and even possibly adopted by another family. But she may not know for sure until after mid-January.
Bottom line 3: We still need to discuss the options of the second girl, as she may not be a good match for our family based on new information that both the girl's orphanage staff and the first girl gave us.
So, we might be hosting/adopting 1 or 0 girls, and not 2. It looks so small on the screen, but really, after all this time, that's a huge thing to say.
It was an emotional, confusing, topsy-turvy little trip.
God gave us favor with the American Embassy in Ukraine, and with the orphanages, so prayers were answered.
Even with the twists and turns and surprises (not all of them good), we felt a sense of "this is the way it's supposed to be," so we've rolled with the punches. So far.
Sorry so brief. I could have made this so much more interesting... I probably will (after I finish my other work first). We're tired, worn out and gutted to some degree, but always knowing that God's in charge of everything.
I always do better when something is completely out of my hands.
That's unfortunately all for now.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home